The Mohawk Brass Band, also known as the Ping Yang Band, first formed in 1902.
1914 – 1950’s Original Name of the Store: M.C. Hammitt General Merchandise Original Owners – M.C. and Kathleen Hammitt The legendary dance hall was located upstairs of the Mohawk General Store at the intersection of Donna and Hill Road, east of Springfield. The hall included a bar, stage and small band room. Dances were held every Saturday night. […]