Location: 630 Main St, Springfield OR
The building has had many owners and businesses in its life. It started as a theater and went on to be a fine arts theater, a boxing club, and a dance and music hall called The Zoo. It has always been used as an entertainment venue.
1946 – The McKenzie Theater held it’s grand opening in 1946. On the marquee was the western film, The Virginian.
Mid 1980s – Fine Arts Theater
1997 – McKenzie Ballroom
2006 – Richard E. Wildish Community Theater. The current theater is named after Richard E Wildish who passed away in 1990. He was a partner in the T.C. Wildish Company. The theater features a 284 Roman-style seating hall and a huge street-level stage.
As McKenzie Ballroom
First show opened with Zero, Oct. 31st 1997
- Oct 31, 1997 – Zero -Show was taped: Zero Live at McKenzie Ballroom
- April 1, 1998 – Skinnerbox, The Skoidats, Inspecter 7 (ska)
- April 12, 1998 – Mephiskapheles, The Mosquitones (ska)
- March 2, 1999 – Fugazi
- March 31, 1999 – Vince Welnick and Missing Man Formation (with The Merry Pranksters and Liquid Lights)
- April 23, 1999 – A Dawg Kingdom Party
- May 16, 1999 – KVHW – Show was taped: KVHW Live at McKenzie Ballroom
As McKenzie Theater
- Oct 15, 1992 – Bikini Kill