Vera McAdams (piano)
Early 1930-40s – She was in the Winter Garden Orchestra (9 piece) for 12 years, house band for the Wintergarden at 8th & Charnelton in Eugene, Oregon.
Mid 1940s – 1968 – Vera McAdams Orchestra for WOW Hall for 22 years at 8th & Lincoln St.
1968 – Vera McAdams started The Harmony Notes after resolving the Orchestra in 1968.
She owned the Hi-Lite Cafe until 1941.
Vera passed away August 9, 1994 at age 99.
Other places Vera and her band played:
- Willamette Park
- Elks – 7th and Olive ?Willamette and Centennial Blvd
- Moose – downtown and 13th and Chambers
- Eagles – 5th and Willamette
- IOOF – Park block over Eugene Hardware and 12th & Charnelton
- Masons – 11th & Olive and Centennial Blvd
- Sons of Norway – 18th & Alder
- Vets Bldg – 17th & Willamette
- Knights of Pythias – 12th & Lawrence
- McKenzie R Chapter – East 14th
- Knights of Columbus – 11th & Charnelton
- Eugene Hotel – Broadway & Pearl
- Heilig Theater – Willamette between 7th and 8th
- Del Rey Café – 8th & Willamette
- Fraternity houses
- Womens Club House – River Road
- Valley River Inn
- Community Hall back of Skinners Butte (Lamb Cottage?)
- The Play Grounds by the river side in Jasper
- Pine Ballroom in Creswell
- Springfield Halls – Willamalane, Sr Com Hall
- Lane County Fair
- Cottage Grove “old” Armory
- Benton Lane Park – Midway between Lane and Benton Co
- Anlauf Hall – 10 miles south of Cottage Grove
- Salem Fair grounds
- Junction City, Vida, Leaburg, etc
- Scandinavian Festival, Bohemia Mine Celebration in Cottage Grove, Coburg, Avery Park in Corvallis, Amazon Park, Monroe, Elmira, Kaufman House, Harrisburg Celebration, Roadway Inn, Thunderbird Motel, Churchill Club Estates, etc.