Location: 490 / 676 Willamette St. Downtown Eugene
1903 The Eugene Theatre (aka Eugene Opera House) was located on the west side of Willamette Street between Sixth and Seventh avenues. The theater was built by LN Roney, RA Booth and FL Chambers and managed by Cal M Young. It was one of the most important theaters during the roadshow days that followed the period of the Gay Nineties.
Although the grand opening (Nov. 17, 1903) was accompanied by a fire scare which drove theater-goers from their seats for a brief time in the midst of the performance, the audience remained enamored by the city’s newest and most luxurious theater
“The house was well filled with audience of as intelligent and refined people as can be found anywhere,” the newspaper added. “Manager Cal M Young has arranged everything in first order.” (Source: Register Guard).
Then became the Heilig Opera House – Later became a movie theater
Currently the Hult Center is located here
1909 – The Burgomaster and The Kangaroo Girls