Location: 39128 Dexter Rd, Dexter
Has had many different owners but has remained a Cafe/Roadhouse throughout the years!
- 2015 Purchased and renamed Rattlesnake BBQ (music venue)
- 2011 Gregg and Shannon Stewart buy Cafe and resurrect into Roadhouse.
- 2007 The club interior is converted back to it’s former Animal House era layout.
- 1997 Cafe still in operation but owners convert the bar into a garden and gift shop.
- 1977 Animal House movie location for “Road Trip” scene. Note: Location Scout uses Ken Kesey’s 16mm film camera to document site. Location discovered with the help of Katherine Wilson.
- 1953 or 1954 Viola expands Cafe and adds a large neon sign, “Dexter Lake Club”
- 1949 Home owners Viola Copp and her husband turned their home into a small cafe serving easy to prepare meals to dam and railroad workers who are busy building the new Dexter reservoirs and dams.